Huawei has introduced another premium quality phablet Mate 8. Although it seems a pricey device, the features justify the price. Like the Mate 7, this device is also an amazing Smartphone that knows how to win the competition among so many rivals. Let’s have a deep insight into the features of Mate 8.
Huawei Mate 8 4GB Today’s Price
Huawei Mate 8 4GB Full Specifications
|Release date||November 2015|
|Dimensions (mm)||157.10 x 80.60 x 7.90|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||4000|
|Colours||Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gray, Mocha Brown|
|Screen size (inches)||6.00|
|Processor make||HiSilicon Kirin 950|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||128|
|Operating System||Android 6.0|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v 4.20|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
Huawei Mate 8 4GB Review
Design & Display
The Smartphone comes with a giant 6” display. The edges are well-curved and bolder. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass 4 to avoid scratches and finger smudges. The unibody aluminum body enhances its premium look. When you turn the phone to view the back cover, it seems very similar to the Mate S that was slightly curved from the back. This subtly curved back makes it easier to hold in hand. Due to the massive spread out of 185g, this metal phone should be heavy on hand, but you won’t believe that it seems quite lightweight.
The performance of Mate 8 is just awesome. Even in the sharp sunlight, there is no issue of a dark display. The Auto Bright feature enables the content sufficiently bright for you to be viewed. The 4 GB RAM combined with powerful 16nm Kirin 950 split-Octa-core CPU is cool enough to run your apps smoothly. It makes the downloading process amazingly faster. It does not take much time in restart or boots. The app launches with a blink of the eye. The web page loading or scrolling is very smooth. The performance level makes it distinguished among all of its rivals.
The battery 4000 mAh gives excellent battery timing for 24 hours if you use the phone moderately. If you use the phone to watch movies and shooting photos extremely, the battery lasts long for 24 hours. If you watch videos on it continuously, you can run it for 11 hours 48 minutes. It is cool to have a long-life battery. So, do the GPS navigation, search the web, watch your favorite movies and do whatever you like. The battery comes with the fast charging technology. You can charge the battery to 100% within 2.5 hours. With a 30 minutes’ charging, you can spend the entire day in net surfing or be attending calls.
- The battery life is the best in the class.
- The camera performance is highly impressive like its predecessors. The images you capture, look soft and true to natural color.
- It supports 4K video shooting.
- The design is industrial and innovative.
- The metallic unibody design gives a premium look to the device.
- It comes with a multifunction fingerprint sensor. You can use it for answering the calls, shooting photos and exploring the gallery, etc.
- The device is a bit pricey for the features it contains.
- The software is derivative.
- The phone comes with dual SIM slots. One slot is for Nano SIM card and the other one is for Hybrid SIM. The Hybrid SIM slot is shared with MicroSD card. If you use it for SIM card, it lessens the storage capacity.
- The battery is non-replaceable and lasts for 12 to 18 months.
The Pedometer app comes with the phone that is accurate to improve your fitness. The Noise Cancellation feature enables you to attend calls without being irritated in noisy places. The dedicated mic makes your voice louder and clearer.