Xiaomi has introduced Mi Max 2 that is the successor of Mi Max and it is more than a phablet. It is a blend of the multimedia device and a phone. The company has released this flagship device with bigger storage capacity, giant screen, and improved battery life. If your curiosity to buy it is going up, just consider the following facts before you make a final decision.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Today’s Price
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Full Specifications
|Release date||May 2017|
|Dimensions (mm)||174.10 x 88.70 x 7.60|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||5300|
|Screen size (inches)||6.44|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||342|
|Processor make||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||128|
|Operating System||Android 7.0|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 b/g/n|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Review
Design & Display
As compared to its predecessor Mi Max, it is slimmer and comes in hand with sleeker design. The chamfered edges and the thin bezel around the metallic body make it easy to hold in hand. The 6.44” FHD screen provides you with the crystal clear display that is brighter than all of its rival phones. Its immersive display is perfectly suitable for watching videos and playing games. The real entertainment of the games goes on for long hours. The phone comes with the Gorilla Glass 3 protective layer to keep the immersive display safe from fingerprint smudges and accidental scratches.
Dual Stereo Speakers
It comes with the high-quality dual stereo speakers to match with the giant display. The speakers produce high quality and louder sound to give you the real fun of a multimedia device. When you enable its landscape mode, the dual stereo speakers are enabled automatically. So, you can enjoy your favorite videos in a louder sound.
Super Battery Life
The main aspect of Mi Max 2 is its massive battery. As compared to the 4850mAh battery of its predecessor Mi Max, it comes with 5300mAh battery that is incredible in performance. Now you can use your device for longer hours while playing or capturing videos. You can enjoy the unending sessions of games with its massive battery. The Quick Charge 3.0 technology comes with the device. It ensures the quick charging of the device within a very short time. If you charge it for 15 minutes, you will get 2 hours battery life that is cool again.
Faster Data Transfer
Xiaomi has presented Mi Max 2 proudly as its first device that comes with USB Type-C port. Its Type-C port is designed with a 24-pin set to ensure a faster data transfer and a faster charging of the device.
Use it As a Power Bank
The Reverse Charging technology in Mi Max 2 is its another alluring feature. You can use it as a power bank to charge your other devices. If you intend to charge your another device with it, you can charge it twice and it makes it a worth considering phone.
Blue Light Filter
When you consider the giant sized display of Mi Max 2, you may want to use it for reading your favorite books frequently. The device contains the Blue Light Filter to keep your eyes safe from souring. Although, there is no Monochrome Reader Mode in the phone the Blue Light Filter enabled can change the sharp display into a smooth and soft one for the comfort of your eyes.
- The immersive 6.44” display is perfect for the gaming and video watching experience.
- The device comes with the Quick Charge technology and can charge your device up to 40% within one-hour charging.
- The louder dual stereo speakers give you the real fun of playing games and videos.
- Its’ 5300mAh battery gives you 57 hours talk time and 48 hours backup when you are using it moderately.
- It contains IR Blaster to use as a universal remote for your home appliances.
- It supports 4K & Slow Motion video shooting.
- It contains Sony IMX386 sensor to capture the best quality photos in low light.
- The Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM is perfect for prolonged gaming experience without lags.
- The internal memory is 64GB that is more than enough for a user who wants to store photos and different multimedia files. However, the storage is extendable up to 256GB by using a MicroSD card.
- The device is too large to fit into the pocket.
- Its 211g weight makes it feel heavier.
- The battery is non-replaceable.
- When you play a game on it for more than 2 hours, you face the heating issue.
Now you can enjoy two different tasks at the same time by using the Split Screen mode in it. Play your favorite video while you are chatting on Whatsapp or compare various products while you are reading something. You do not need to switch between different apps while you are using it.