Nokia stepped back into the Smartphone arena by releasing its first Android phone Nokia 3. It is a catchy phone that leaves a substantial impression on the users. It aims to introduce the less costly mobile phones for the users fed up of spending a lot of money on Smartphone. Nokia 3 tries to undercut the ranking of its rivals. Here is how it is different from its competitors.
Nokia 3 Today’s Price
Nokia 3 Full Specifications
|Release date||February 2017|
|Dimensions (mm)||143.40 x 71.40 x 8.48|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||2630|
|Colours||Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Copper White|
|Screen size (inches)||5.00|
|Processor make||MediaTek 6737|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||128|
|Operating System||Android 7.0|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Supports 4G in Pakistan||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
Nokia 3 Review
Design & Display
Nokia 3 is very similar to Nokia Lumia in design. It has metal edges that are beautifully finished. The rear panel is made of good quality matte polycarbonate. It has a 5” HD IPS display, but the resolution has only 720 pixels density that leaves a bad impression on the users. However, the display is true to natural colored and clear. It is covered with 2.5D glass to enhance the readability from different viewing angles. The screen has sufficient brightness to be readable in the broad daylight as it comes with a polarizing layer of 473cd/m2 level of brightness. The screen contrast ratio is 1,119:1 to provide you with the punchy display. The size is quite perfect to fit in hand as well as in the pocket. It weighs only 140g with 7.5mm thickness.
The Nokia 3 has quad-core 1.4GHz MediaTek MT6737 processor combined with 2GB RAM. The combination is sufficient for good performance, but overall performance is not very much impressive as compared to its competitors. When you navigate from app to app and in the menus, it works well. But when you are using Google Maps, it shows sluggish performance. In the same way, when you are playing the simple games, it is not irritating. But the heavy games have lags now and then.
The 2650 Li-ion battery provides you with a full day backup with an average usage of the phone. If you play videos on your phone continuously, it gives you 10 hours 40 minutes backup that is cool enough to be appreciated.
- The outlook is premium and classy.
- It supports NFC, Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, and MicroUSB v2.0 port.
- It has 8MP primary and 8MP secondary camera with bright LED flashlight. The camera results are cool even in the poor light.
- The front camera contains Wide Angles mode to ensure a clear and beautiful selfie.
- The display is protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass. So, you can use it roughly. It does not get scratches or fingerprints.
- It runs on the latest Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat.
- The built-in FM radio channel comes with RDS to enhance your pleasant moments.
- It also supports OTG cable.
- It does not contain fast charging feature.
- It is not water or dust resistant. So, you need to be very careful while using it in a dusty area or near the water locations.
- The speakers could be at the top or at an edge. In Nokia 3, the speakers are fitted on the bottom of the phone. If you are watching videos in landscape mode, the voice can be blocked when you grip the phone.
- The battery is non-replaceable.
- The microphone produces average loudness.