For a few days, different messages are circulating on WhatsApp regarding Eid-ul-Azha. The message explains that the Government of Pakistan has imposed a tax on the people who want to buy animals for Eid-ul-Azha 2019.
The Government officials have rejected such reports. According to them, these are fake messages and there is no tax on purchasing sacrificial animals for Eid-ul-Azha.
WhatsApp users are receiving the following fake message regarding “Qurbani Animals for 2019.”
FBR Notice to Buy Animals for Eid-ul-Azha 2019
- FBR mandates that the purchase of Qurbani animals over Rs 40,000 should be performed through banks or by cheque.
- If a Non-Filer purchases animal more than the value of Rs 1 lakh, he needs to show the evidence of income. A 4% tax will be imposed.
- A Withholding Luxury Tax of 2% will be imposed on purchasing more than four animals.
- FBR personnel will be present at all the Mandis to ensure strict compliance.
- Benami animals will not be accepted. If the Qurbani is followed, the meat of such animals will be distributed among poor and needy, under Ehsaas program of the Government.
FBR officials have denied all such messages circulating on WhatsApp for a few days. The FBR representative declares that such messages are merely rumors. The Government has imposed No taxes on Qurbani animals.